Westerville OH Therapeutic Massage Versus Relaxation Massage
Therapeutic massage techniques are used to aid in the treatment of chronic health conditions such as headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, neck and back pain as well as fibromyalgia and many other debilitating medical conditions. This type of massage is also known as neuromuscular therapy.
Neuromuscular massage sessions are set up in our clinic. Our staff carefully reviews your medical history detailing current and past health complaints. Dr. Brooks details a personalized massage treatment plan tailored to your individual needs and diagnosis.
Advanced techniques such as lymphatic drainage, deep tissue massage and trigger point therapy are likely to be used for pain and chronic health issues. These forms of massage increase blood circulation. It helps in the development of muscle and connective tissue reconstruction and function while decreasing scar tissue formation and adhesions.
Therapeutic Massage can be used for the treatment of the following:
- Chronic musculoskeletal aches and pains
- Sports injuries
- Repetitive stress or strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Whiplash and auto accident injuries
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- TMJ or jaw complaints
- Posture and weight issues
- Cancer massage or palliative care massage
- Pediatric massage – especially in cases of special needs children such as Autism and Down’s syndrome